University of Kentucky
Please go to the Enrollment tab for your next open enrollment period.
New To This Site? Start Here
University of Kentucky school-sponsored Student Health Insurance
Frequently Asked Questions
Students eligible to purchase this plan fit into one of 4 enrollment categories. Select your enrollment category for Frequently Asked Questions specific to you.
NOTE: These FAQs are intended to assist you in seeking additional information but does not replace information found in the plan brochure and policy. Always refer to the policy, available on this website, for the most detail available. If you have any questions contact (855) 856-2385.
Funded Graduate* Enrollment Group (Automatic)
1) Enrolled in the Graduate School
3) Maintaining a full-time assistantship (20+ hours) or institutional fellowship ($9,000 per year) through the UK payroll
*Only the Graduate School can verify eligibility for fully-funded status.
International & ESL** Enrollment Group (Automatic & Mandatory)
1) NOT Funded Graduate students
2) Enrolled in a class at UK
3) J1, J2 or F1 visa holders
**Insurance is also mandatory for visiting dependents.
Voluntary Enrollment Group (Purchase Online)
1) NOT Funded Graduate students or International students
2) Either undergraduate, non-funded graduate, professional, or BCTC students
Visiting Scholars Enrollment Group (Purchase Online & Mandatory)